Monday, May 21, 2012

A Dolly for Seeta from Susan

After seeing the two other girls receive a dolly, young Seeta braved her way into Augustine and Joel’s sitting area/church and stood before me not saying a word. She looked up at me with big eyes and just stood there. I took her hand until I sensed she felt comfortable with me and then hoisted her to my lap where she was swallowed up in hugs…and continued to stare. A dolly for this adorable girl, for sure. She just stared at me. How funny I must have looked to her. In America we all look a little different – different hair color, different eye color, and so on – so no one person is an amazement. In Africa, although there are nuances boldly recognizable to those who live here, people all have brown hair, brown skin, and brown eyes. She stared until her sister called her for lunch. Bye-bye little Seeta girly.

Susan hugs her foster dolly in hopes of passing it on.

I did my best for you, Susan. Seeta was loving the hugs
as she stared at my pale face.