Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stockings are for More than Feet

Stockings have always been my favorite part of Christmas and apparently I’m not alone. My aunt and her family love stocking gifts too. But this year they decided to sacrifice their own stockings and bless my neighbor kiddos with “stockings” instead. For a few precious minutes I got to remember the Christmas of my youth…you know…the grabbing, crying, and hitting.

Look at Sheffar's eyes! So big!

Oh the fun.

Even Sheeba knew she was getting something fun.

Maama Farida has as much fun as the kids.

Sheffar is ready to brush her teeth.
After eating the bouncy ball she probably needs to.

Stoic kids but thankful none the less.
Tiny baby is on maama's back. She got a stocking too.

The rest of the stockings will be distributed when the kids return from the village where they spend off-school holidays.