Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Dress for Kisakye from Ashley

I had my eye on this particular dress because I used African fabric to make it and Ashley saw its beauty too. This is the only dress where I used the African fabric just like the dresses the Konoweka ladies will make. The dress was earmarked for Kisakye…well…because she and I share a Luganda name and because she and Kisakye’s education sponsors come from the same church. It’s fun to see what happens when a whole community comes together to help a family.


Kisakye was the perfect fit for this dress and she proudly wore that dress all day. Her mother was excited about the cute little style and all the mothers oooed and ahhhed as she emerged from her changing place. I’m not sure Kisakye cared a whole lot but she didn’t refuse, which was a start.