Friday, November 9, 2012

100 Christmas Dollies Adoption Night Event


You could hear them calling your name, couldn’t you? Each dolly was excitedly waiting for his or her new family amidst a crowd of other dollies and I can bet each was shouting over the other to get your attention. I’d even bet lots of you had a moment when one particular dolly really did speak to your heart. I’d even bet that either you snatched him or her up before the official adoption began or that you agonized a bit over the idea that someone else would chose the dolly you spotted first. That’s what it’s all about isn’t it? Creating an environment where our hearts are moved to action as ambassadors to the King.

If you didn’t get to attend, take a look at this blog to find out more details about the program and find the event on Facebook. We praise God that more than 60 dollies were sponsored the night of the event. More are planned for Sunday at church. And still more trickle in slowly. We really need to reach our goal of 100 Christmas dollies before I can tell Charlie and his community that we’re standing with them and so that the preparations for Christmas and skills training can begin. If you’d like to be part of the 100 Christmas Dollies project, click here to sponsor your dolly and follow this story as it unfolds throughout the year.


Beautiful Aunt Jean

I really must take a moment to express my deepest appreciation for the people who made this all possible. Maama and team – you are simply amazing! A huge thank you to Liz for her love of Surprised by Hope and wanting to partner with us to make a difference in Uganda. Another huge thank you to Aunt Jean for speaking on my behalf and finding joy amidst the pain…a sentiment we have shared together a few times before. Thanks to Marya for the photos…I’m telling you…they made all the difference to me. Thanks to everyone who helped set up, provide yummy treats, and otherwise make this event the success. And…thanks to YOU for sponsoring dollies to help Charlie and his community know the love of Jesus. We can make such a huge difference in the world when we all work together.


Cutest family: Becky (Rick's daughter) with grandkids
Noah, Addie, and Lucah

(I think the photos on this blog post were taken by Marya Cross. Thank you for making it real for me even though I couldn’t be there.)