Friday, November 9, 2012

The Dolly Making Committee

A sweet letter from my maama.



Hi Leslie,

The ladies from my Sunday school have been so generous in providing everything needed to make the dollies for little girls and boys in Uganda. They have given fabrics and trims, yarn and stuffing, even money to help with shipping.

Carol and her quilting class, and Norma have sewn dozens of little dresses and shorts to clothe the dollies. Ladies from our Thursday morning breakfast group met at my house to finish the last 34 of the 100 dollies for your next trip to Uganda.


Susan and I stuffed the little bodies, Judy P. cut ribbons, Juanita dressed them and Nancy added all the bows. They are now ready to begin their trip to Uganda and the loving arms of their new little mommies.

This little dolly ministry has been a privilege for me and my class. We praise God for this opportunity to share the love of Jesus to these little children.

Much love,

Mom