Thursday, September 26, 2013

Neighborhood Ministry Surprise

So this is what pressed down, shaken together, running over can look like. Wow, TWO boxes arrived full to the brim with gifts collected by New Life Christian Fellowship specifically for my little neighborhood children (and there’s almost another full box waiting for me still). Time was short between receiving the gifts and leaving for Kenya but I managed to organize and give away everything you sent. To each girl her dress, and to each boy his shorts. To each family its soap, and school supplies. To each child toothbrush, toothpaste, crayons, and coloring books.

But the other children in the neighborhood, the ones who visit occasionally and live further away, learned about the gifts and came with hopeful hearts. Your generosity enabled me to share crayons, toothbrushes, and toothpaste with them. They went away satisfied for having received the love of Jesus through you.

Sheffar refused to release her bag full of goodies until well after I left home. Farida called to tell me she wanted to talk on the computer so I could see her dress. I’ll show pictures of the kids all dressed up when I return to Namulanda.

Thank you so very much for your generosity. I am truly blessed!

Sherit receives her goodies with a quizzical look.

Sheffar wears a baby-size onsie until she tries on her new dress.


Siada loves her new sparkly dress.

Even baby Sheeba gets something special.

Sabila is so happy!