Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Cracker Jack Box

Sent from home with love, this box was nothing short of a Cracker Jack box. Each container surprised me with something new. Here’s what I found:
  • The box of Band-Aids contained Sun-Maid Raisins
  • The box of granola bars contained a camera CD and instruction manual
  • The box of cereal contained a solar panel charger
  • The box of peanut butter Girl Scout cookies contained a camera (though I had so hoped for the cookies)
  • The box of cake mix contained packets of dry yeast
  • The brown rice contained ketchup packets, and so did the Mac & Cheese
  • The M&Ms contained Benedryl


 Though I’m not sure why it was important to hide the ketchup and the dry yeast, I also received unhidden yummies like Valentine Hearts, brown sugar, cake frosting, baby peas, peanuts, baked beans, applesauce and a pile of other things I can’t get in Uganda. Oh the flavors of home.


Other goodies included a water spout (mine is broken, though I’m not sure how such a thing can actually get broken), nail polish remover, tampons, a skirt, and a few clothes for the kids. Best of all…mom’s peanut butter homemade fudge…gulped down before I realized it was covered with mold.




I don’t take this gift for granted. Shipping alone is outrageous, and the contents…wow! Oh my goodness…you made my month maama!!!…all the anticipation and the final reward. I am sooooo blessed!