Friday, December 30, 2011

A Dress for Natifa from Amy

The photographer was just learning how to use a camera
so the picture isn't as close up as I would have liked. She was adorable.
Natifa slept in her maama’s arms during the ruckus of gift giving and was entirely uninterested in what was going on around her. Once the maamas figured out what I brought, they began bringing children from all around, “What about this one?” they’d ask in hopeful expectation of a gift. Between the dolls, dresses, and candy every child received some small gift.

Contrary to the other children, whose hair was short and bristly, Natifa’s hairs were soft and curly. The tiny, adorable dress was baby size and Natifa fit the bill. I had hoped to have each child try on the dress they were gifted but the closing swarm of children and the sleeping baby factor limited my willingness to demand such a feat. I hope to return in a week or so to see children all dressed up and can take more pictures then.