Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jacaranda Maururi Branch

 




















No trip to Maururi is complete without checking in on the ladies working in the branch office. The beautiful purple painted walls of the two room office boast a hand painted jacaranda tree. Four sewing machines fill the back room and a worktable with an iron and other implements complete the front room. This is the place the microfinance workshop was held during my last visit.

Inside we found the ladies working hard on our orders. Charity is making the aprons you love. I enjoy seeing these ladies working. That means business is good and they’re getting money for their families. It’s also kind of neat to watch them making things for my order. That means I will have actually watched the ladies at work making some of the things I bring home for you. Exciting!